(visit our friends at pickyourown.org for helpful tips on freezing
Recipessome of our family's favorites...
Strawberries with Cheesecake Cream
10 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
2 teaspoons butter, melted
1/2 cup light cream cheese (from 8-oz. tub)
6 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon orange-flavored liqueur, if desired
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced (3 cups)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Place vanilla wafers in blender container; process until finely crushed.
3. In small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; mix well.
4. Spread on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except strawberries; beat until smooth.
7. To serve, divide strawberries into large wine glasses or individual dessert dishes.
8. Top each with about 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture.
9. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons crumbs.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
Strawberries / Whipped Cream
1. Spray pizza pan with Pam.
2. Mix and spread onto a pizza pan or 9 x 13 pan.
3. Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
4. Let cool.
5. Mix together cream cheese and sugar, spread onto crust.
6. Top with strawberries.
7. Chill 1 hour.
8. Serve topped with whipped cream.
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
6 Tbsp. cold milk
1 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp. sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups halved strawberries
2 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
2 Tbsp. butter, cut up
2 tsp. milk
1. To make crust, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix flour and salt.
3. Measure oil and milk together – don’t stir.
4. Add to flour.
5. Make crust on wax paper.
6. To make filling, mix sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
7. Add fruit, stirring to coat.
8. Can set aside in fridge and then drain later.
Note: If adding blueberry or peach, add lemon zest.
9. Fill crust with filling.
10. Scatter butter.
11. Add top crust. Pinch edges and ventilate the top.
12. Brush with milk.
13. Sprinkle sugar on top.
14. Bake on cookie sheet for 50 minutes. Can cover edge with
tinfoil or pie crust protector if cooking too fast.
15. Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.
Strawberry Pie 1
in baked pie shell (whole and halved):
1-2 cups strawberries
In sauce pan:
1 1/2 cups strawberries, mashed
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup tapioca
1 tblspn butter – top strawberries
1. Let set 5 minutes
2. Bring to a full boil.
4. Pour over strawberries in shell.
5. Cover with Cool Whip or Whipping cream.
Strawberry Pie 2
1 9 inch baked pie shell
1 cup sugar
4 tblsp. cornstarch
1 cup water
3 tblsp. light corn syrup
3 tblsp. strawberry gelatin
1 quart strawberries (halved and whole)
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1. Mix sugar, cornstarch, water and syrup in a pan.
2. Cook, stirring constantly until thick and clear.
3. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
4. Chill until partly set.
5. Place berries in pie shell, rounded sides of berries on top.
6. Spoon gelatin mixture over all.
7. Chill until firm.
8. Garnish with whipped cream.
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into five portions
4 ounces chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk
Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a food processor. Add
butter and chocolate chips and process until crumbly. Begin processing and add milk until mixture is
crumbly but will hold together when pinched with fingers. Turn moistened dough out onto counter, form
into a ball, and flatten into a circle approximately one inch thick.
Using a 2-inch round cutter, make 12 to 15 shortcakes. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in a 450-degree oven for 13 minutes. When slightly cooled, place on plate and cover with plastic
wrap to keep them moist.
strawberry sauce ingredients:
4 quarts strawberries, divided
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
strawberry sauce directions:
Puree 2 quarts strawberries in a food processor. Remove from processor, pour into
bowl, and add sugar and orange juice. Add 2 quarts sliced berries to the pureed mixture.
whipped cream ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
whipped cream directions:
Whip heavy cream in bowl of electric mixer on high speed. When the mixture begins to
thicken, add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.
how to assemble shortcakes:
1. Place a Tablespoon of sauce in the bottom of a dish.
2. Place the bottom half of the shortcake on the sauce.
3. 2 Tablespoons sauce
1 Tablespoon whipped cream
the top half of the shortcake
2 more Tablespoons sauce
1 Tablespoon whipped cream.
4. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.